SPS has a large team of editors who are well versed with copy editing, technical editing, and substantive editing. SPS editors are proficient in a variety of widely accepted style standards and adhere on to the client-specific or author-specific style guidelines. SPS editors prepare a style sheet for every project they handle, which is approved by the client before implementation. A single copy editor typically edits the entire book so that consistency is maintained throughout the project.
SPS editors have experience in handling a variety of content in different domains. Some of the content types handled by our editors are:
- Academic and scientific
- Commerce, marketing and management
- Finance and trade
- Humanities and social sciences
- Medical and health related
SPS editors ensure consistency in all style aspects and usage of terms. The editors also liaise with authors and publishers for any clarifications. They ensure that the style guide requirements are met.
SPS editors are trained to look into the document’s concept, intended use, audience, content, organization of the content, design and style. This activity is entirely analysis based for all levels – document, paragraph, sentence or word. Some of the parameters taken into account are:
- Determine the relative importance of words and concepts and thereby assess complexity of sentence
- Inquire the intent of author and then propose a structure thereby making it concise
- Clear and logical development of ideas and its presentation
- Use of jargon or technical terms appropriate for the intended audience
Based on requirement we deliver subject/author/keyword indexes. This is carried out by our editorial team or with help of freelance indexers for critical subjects.
To find out how SPS can help, please contact:
Fax : +91-44-42197763
Email : email@example.com